5.07.2008

Phew. For a minute there, I lost myself.

Sarah and I visited with Radiohead last night in Tampa.

Surrounded by young people (!) and the faint odor of times past, the greatest band on the planet came through two-plus hours of ROCK.

It was as if Thom and the boys emailed me the night before asking for a setlist. All day leading up to the show, "The National Anthem" was blaring in my head, and after dabbling in some new stuff, they played the shit out of it. They immediately followed with "Idioteque," and after I woke up out of my joy-coma, they proceeded to play two encores. Overall, a fantastic show. One of the best big-arena shows I've ever been to, if not the best.

Riding the high of Brit-love, I hit the links today for the first round of Highlands Ridge's summer golf league. Along with co-worker Mandy, team journalism rocked the shit out of the front nine and easily defeated the duo of Adam and London. I even eagled the ninth to roll in with a 38.

Needless to say, the last 24 hours have been pretty damn solid.

No comments: